UPDATE: This position is no longer open as of 8/20/13
Bethel Broadcasting, Inc. – KYUK-AM/FM/TV
Open Position Job Description
General Office Clerk/ Receptionist
Bethel Broadcasting Inc, public radio and TV in Bethel is seeking a general office clerk/receptionist. This is a part-time clerical position, primarily responsible for performing general office duties in support of the General Manager and Accountant.
• Provide clerical support for Senior Management Staff
• Answer and direct phone calls and take messages
• Keep records
• File documents in filing system as instructed
• Perform data entry into Excel spreadsheets
• Scan files, name files as specified, and attach scanned files to emails
• Perform various general office tasks of a routine nature (typing, faxing, photocopying, etc.)
• Actively attend and assist with all mandatory meetings and/or organizational activities
• Assist Accountant, providing documents and information as needed in a timely and efficient manner
• Maintain an open line of communications with Accountant asking questions as needed
• Data entry of manual checks and deposits into check registers
• Assist with payables process
• Assist with payroll process
• Assist with mail sorting and distribution
• Keep an updated calendar of events and deadlines, providing copies to Management Staff and Accountant
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the General Manager
Knowledge and Skills:
Maintaining confidentiality is essential. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school education or GED and basic clerical experience required
• Basic knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Must have excellent proven writing capabilities and correct grammar knowledge
• Basic mathematical skills, good verbal and written communication skills including email and excellent phone etiquette
• Basic computer and keyboard skills; familiarity with Apple and Windows systems
• Basic knowledge of MS Office programs including Excel
• Ability to multi-task, be prompt, professional, goal oriented, and able to meet deadlines
• Familiarity with general office machines
• Ability to apply basic mathematical equations and concepts
• Basic accounting background is beneficial but not required
• Ability to read and analyze documents
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
• Ability to effectively communicate information to senior management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
• Fluency in Yup’ik is beneficial but not required.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to listen and interpret an extensive variety of instructions, both verbal and written, and to ask questions when necessary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed
• Position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periodically throughout the day
• Position may require reaching above shoulder heights and below the waist
• Lifting may be required (up to 25lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday (proper lifting techniques required)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-543-3131 for more information and job application.